Re: filtering after join - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From andrew
Subject Re: filtering after join
Date
List pgsql-sql
Sorry. I am working on a research prototype built on 7.3 which contains
a  cosiderable amount of efforts. The original developers of the prototype
have no interest in upgrading it. It is also impossible for me to upgrade it
by myself. Could you give me any tips to sovle the current problem? Thanks!

> andrew <andrew.ylzhou@gmail.com> writes:
> > I got errors in this query. I have a function complete(record) which
> > takes a generic record type data. But it seems cannot be applied to a
> > sub-select result:
>
> As I seem to recall having mentioned several times already, PG 7.3 is
> really, really weak in this area.  (If you ever got it to work, which
> I doubt you will, you'd probably then start to notice how badly it
> leaks memory for whole-row operations...)
>
> You should either forget this idea or invest the effort to move up
> to PG 8.1.

andrew