Re: [INTERFACES] Opening database with PGACCESS - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Opening database with PGACCESS
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
rodneyr@embratel.com.br writes:
> When I try to open my database (mydb) with the pgaccess, I receive the
> following message:
> "Error connecting database. Connection to database failed
> connectDB() failed: Is the postmaster running and accepting
> TCP/IP (with -i) connections at 'localhost' on port '5432'"

> The postmaster is running and I can connect to mydb using "psql":
>> psql mydb

psql defaults to connecting via Unix sockets.  If you make it connect
via TCP (by saying "psql -h localhost mydb") I'll bet it fails too.
Most likely, your pg_hba.conf is set up to allow Unix socket connections
but not TCP connections, not even from localhost.
        regards, tom lane