Opening database with PGACCESS - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From rodneyr@embratel.com.br
Subject Opening database with PGACCESS
Date
Re: [INTERFACES] Opening database with PGACCESS  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-interfaces
When I try to open my database (mydb) with the pgaccess, I receive the
following message:

"Error connecting database. Connection to database failed
connectDB() failed: Is the postmaster running and accepting
TCP/IP (with -i) connections at 'localhost' on port '5432'"

The postmaster is running and I can connect to mydb using "psql":

> psql mydb

"Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor: Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
  type \? for help on slash commands  type \q to quit  type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute queryYou are
currentlyconnected to the database: mydb

mydb=>  "

Which is the problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks,

Rodney.