Re: COPY access rights - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: COPY access rights
Date
List pgsql-docs
> The 7.2.1 documentation says that either insert or update access is needed
> to use COPY FROM. However under GRANT the INSERT description says it
> gives access to COPY FROM, but the UPDATE description doesn't.

The code wants INSERT and nothing but, which seems correct to me since
COPY FROM is effectively a series of INSERTs.  IIRC it used to accept
UPDATE too; I suspect someone missed this statement in the documentation
when we changed it.

I see the erroneous statement on the COPY reference page; did you notice
it anywhere else?

Now that I look, the GRANT page is confused too: COPY FROM is FROM a
file, not FROM a table.  Will fix.

            regards, tom lane