Re: 7.4? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.4?
Date
List pgsql-general
=?iso-8859-15?q?Herv=E9=20Piedvache?= <herve@elma.fr> writes:
> Le Mercredi 26 F�vrier 2003 07:52, Tom Lane a �crit :
>> But none of the available GC systems are BSD-license open source.  We
>> had had some hopes of getting Spread to offer BSD terms, but that seems
>> to have fallen through.  So right now, PG-R is on the outside looking
>> in, as far as inclusion in the core distribution goes :-(

> You mean the PG-R project will no be included in the PostgreSQL project
> unless someone rewrite the Spread GCS concept or similar system in a BSD
> licence ?

Well, we certainly won't be bundling Spread into the distribution if
it's not got a compatible license.  I had originally hoped that the
PG-R project would end by having a complete sync replication solution
included in the standard PG distribution, but that goal is looking out
of reach at the moment.

            regards, tom lane