Re: PQsetdbLogin() and PQconnectdb() fail on HPUX11i 64 bits with empty servername - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PQsetdbLogin() and PQconnectdb() fail on HPUX11i 64 bits with empty servername
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
"Jan van der Weijde" <Jan.van.der.Weijde@attachmate.com> writes:
> I'm using PQsetdbLogin() or PQconnectdb() to connect to a local server
> on an 64bits HP system with O/S HPUX11i. The PostgreSQL version is 8.1.4
> According to the documentation I can leave out the host specification:
> However when I do that, the client givers error message:
> could not connect to server:
> Is the server running locally and accepting
> connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

I tried to reproduce this on HP's testdrive machines, without success:
it seems to work fine.  "64bits HP system with O/S HPUX11i" is pretty
darn vague, considering that HP supports this OS on two different
architectures and there are multiple subversions of it, but on the whole
I'd bet on a compiler problem.  Is your compiler fully up-to-date with
HP's patches?
        regards, tom lane