Re: making the backend's json parser work in frontend code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: making the backend's json parser work in frontend code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2020-Jan-24, Mark Dilger wrote:
>> I would expect, therefore, that we only back up files which match our
>> expected file name pattern and ignore (perhaps with a warning)
>> everything else.

> That risks missing files placed in the datadir by extensions;

I agree that assuming we know everything that will appear in the
data directory is a pretty unsafe assumption.  But no rational
extension is going to use a non-ASCII file name, either, if only
because it can't predict what the filesystem encoding will be.