Re: BUG #14062: pg_dump dies after dumping first 60 gigabytes of text for large table - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #14062: pg_dump dies after dumping first 60 gigabytes of text for large table
Date
List pgsql-bugs
dll@sonic.net writes:
> For an approximately 500 gigabyte database, pg_dump dies after approximately
> 60 gb of text output, with an error:

> pg_dump: Dumping the contents of table "datum" failed: PQgetCopyData()
> failed.
> pg_dump: Error message from server: SSL SYSCALL error: EOF detected

Sounds like an SSL renegotiation bug.  We gave up on that mess and
disabled renegotiation by default as of 9.4.5 or so, but maybe you have
an explicit nonzero setting for ssl_renegotiation_limit?

            regards, tom lane