Re: BUG #14062: pg_dump dies after dumping first 60 gigabytes of text for large table - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From D
Subject Re: BUG #14062: pg_dump dies after dumping first 60 gigabytes of text for large table
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Amazon RDS instance has a default value of 0 for ssl_renegotiation_limit for
the postgres 9.4 default parameters, according to the RDS Dashboard.

However, when we disable SSL connections the problem evaporates. Good enough
for me.

Thanks, Tom!

On 4/4/2016 12:56 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> dll@sonic.net writes:
>> For an approximately 500 gigabyte database, pg_dump dies after approximately
>> 60 gb of text output, with an error:
>
>> pg_dump: Dumping the contents of table "datum" failed: PQgetCopyData()
>> failed.
>> pg_dump: Error message from server: SSL SYSCALL error: EOF detected
>
> Sounds like an SSL renegotiation bug.  We gave up on that mess and
> disabled renegotiation by default as of 9.4.5 or so, but maybe you have
> an explicit nonzero setting for ssl_renegotiation_limit?
>
>             regards, tom lane

pgsql-bugs by date:

Previous