Re: Why Performance of SQL Query is *much* Slower in GUI PgAdmin - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Why Performance of SQL Query is *much* Slower in GUI PgAdmin
Date
List pgsql-general
Yan Cheng CHEOK <yccheok@yahoo.com> writes:
> Recently, I try to introduce my friend to use PostgreSQL.
> However, he first impression is that. PostgreSQL is much slower compared to MySQL. He realize he has to wait for 7
seconds,to create a tmp database.

Just for the record, CREATE DATABASE in postgres has approximately
nothing to do with CREATE DATABASE in mysql --- the latter is more or
less equivalent to what we call CREATE SCHEMA.  So if you're going to
form speed impressions based on just this one operation, try comparing
those two commands.

            regards, tom lane