Re: reading row in backend - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: reading row in backend
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
>> Um ... doesn't that line number in the COPY source data help any?

> Unfortunately not - in fact the 2nd large tuple allegedly has a smaller
> line number than the first :(

Hmm, are you claiming that COPY is reporting a bogus line number?
If so, that needs to be looked into.

> Am I barking up the wrong tree if I think that the HeapTuple contains the
> actual data? The first number in it would the primary key...

Type HeapTuple is a pointer to a HeapTupleData, which is just
administrative overhead.  The t_data field of the HeapTupleData
points at the actual tuple (a HeapTupleHeaderData followed by
null-values bitmap and then the user data).  See include/access/htup.h