Re: reading row in backend - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Patrick Welche
Subject Re: reading row in backend
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 06:55:50PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> > ERROR:  copy: line 57552, Tuple is too big: size 8152, max size 8140
>
> > Now, it would help me if I could actually get a clue as to which row this
> > is.
>
> Um ... doesn't that line number in the COPY source data help any?

Unfortunately not - in fact the 2nd large tuple allegedly has a smaller
line number than the first :(

Am I barking up the wrong tree if I think that the HeapTuple contains the
actual data? The first number in it would the primary key...

Cheers,

Patrick