Re: Solaris getopt_long and PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Solaris getopt_long and PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
> Zdenek Kotala píše v út 31. 03. 2009 v 21:25 +0200:
>> Another possibility is to rewrite postgres(and pg_resetxlog) to use
>> getopt_long() instead of getopt().

> Attached patch rewrites postgres to use getopt_long instead of getopt.

Actually, I fooled around with it last night and seem to have fixed it
(buildfarm is all green today) by the expedient of not defining our own
optind etc. variables if the system supplies them.  So that seemed like
a clean fix to me --- the old handling of optreset in particular was a
huge kluge, whereas it's clear how this code is supposed to work.

I don't think we need to mess around with changing our option parsing
logic, especially not to the extent that you propose here.