Re: XML only working in UTF-8 - Re: 8.4 open items list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: XML only working in UTF-8 - Re: 8.4 open items list
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Sunday 05 April 2009 05:00:04 Tom Lane wrote:
>> Is there a reason not to fix it as suggested at
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-02/msg00032.php
>> ie recode on-the-fly from database encoding to UTF8?

> Probably just verifying that it works.

Well, I'm willing to review that patch for sanity and apply it, but
I know too little about xpath to test it creatively.  Have you any
suggestions other than something like the original complaint at
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-01/msg00135.php
which is basically trying to use a made-up(?) non-ASCII tag name?