Re: Recovery Test Framework - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Recovery Test Framework
Date
Re: Recovery Test Framework  ("Guillaume Smet" <guillaume.smet@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> ... But from my point of view it would
> just always be better to commit large patches immediately after forking a
> release instead of just before the beta to give them a whole release cycle of
> exposure to developers before beta testers.

I'm in favor of such an approach for this work, but it'll never fly as a
general project policy.  People already dislike the fact that it takes
up to a year before their work gets reflected into a public release.
With such a policy we'd be telling developers "whatever you submit won't
see the light of day for one to two years".  Not good for a project that
depends on the willingness of developers to scratch their own itches.

However, we are getting off onto a tangent.  I wasn't trying to start
a discussion about general project policies, but about the specific
status of this particular group of patches.