Import question - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Scobey Weaver
Subject Import question
Date
List pgadmin-support
I'm taking a skillshare course and creating my own tables.  I tried to
import some data from a csv file and it didn't work. I thought I had
done it just like the example on the video, and also checked some other
online sources which seemed to do it the same way.

Attached is the file I'm trying to import.

The table I'm importing to was created as follows:

CREATE TABLE public.markets
(
     id integer NOT NULL,
     "Market" character varying(50) COLLATE pg_catalog."default" NOT NULL,
     CONSTRAINT markets_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id),
     CONSTRAINT unique_market UNIQUE ("Market")
)

TABLESPACE pg_default;

ALTER TABLE public.markets
     OWNER to postgres;
COMMENT ON TABBLE public.markets
     IS 'Market used as the price index (posted, Platts, Opis, Argus,
etc...)';

The import fails with the following error:  Failed (exit code -6)

I can't find "exit code -6" anywhere.  What's wrong with my import?

I've had one reply to this that brought up encoding.  I left the
encoding blank at first, as did the instructor in the skillshare video.
Since then I've tried the UTF8 suggested by the person who brought it
up.  I also tried BIG5, EUC_CN, SQL_ASCII and WIN1250.

All efforts ended with the same result. Is there a list of exit codes
anywhere?  What's "exit code -6"?

Thanks,

Scobey

Attachment