Re: C language function dump problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: C language function dump problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> It seems some code disappeared from pg_dump.c between 7.0.2 and current,
> P.S. The specific problem is that it now uses plsrc as the definition for
> all functions, whereas the (C language) plpgsql call handler requires plbin
> to be used.

Looks like I broke it :-(.  Didn't read the code carefully enough,
I guess, and thought that the selection of language name was the only
useful thing it was accomplishing.  So I figured the default path would
handle all cases just as easily.

Now that I think about it, the code was actually broken before that,
because for a C-language function it needs to produce two AS items
specifying the link symbol and the library path.  Looks like we
neglected to update pg_dump when that feature was added.

Basically you need to make pg_dump do the inverse of
interpret_AS_clause() in src/backend/commands/define.c.  Note that
there are now two OIDs that need to be handled this way, ClanguageId
and NEWClanguageId.