Re: 8.3 build 603 build error on Fedora 8 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.3 build 603 build error on Fedora 8
Date
Re: 8.3 build 603 build error on Fedora 8  (Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
> We determine which version of the driver to build based on the JVM we're
> running in, so when I see this
> "/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-icedtea-1.7.0.0/jre", I'm guessing it's reporting
> itself as a 1.7 JVM while we only know about 1.6 and less.  Perhaps this
> patch will help?

I'm not sure how Devrim got around it, but on my Fedora 8 machine this
patch is in fact necessary.  The 8.2 driver doesn't build without it
anymore, either (probably true all the way back, but 8.2 and 8.3 are
the only ones I tested).

            regards, tom lane