Re: 8.3 build 603 build error on Fedora 8 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: 8.3 build 603 build error on Fedora 8
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Tom Lane wrote:

> I'm not sure how Devrim got around it, but on my Fedora 8 machine this
> patch is in fact necessary.  The 8.2 driver doesn't build without it
> anymore, either (probably true all the way back, but 8.2 and 8.3 are
> the only ones I tested).

I've applied this patch to 8.2+.  8.1 and earlier won't build with this
version of Java, but I've now made it report a useful error message rather
than strange errors all over the place.  To all driver versions I've added
an explicit check to bail out if it finds a Java version that it doesn't
know what to do with.

Kris Jurka