Re: BUG #1883: Renaming a schema leaves inconsistent sequence - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #1883: Renaming a schema leaves inconsistent sequence
Date
Re: BUG #1883: Renaming a schema leaves inconsistent sequence
List pgsql-bugs
> This item has been added to the 8.1 bugs list:
>     http://momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgbugs

This isn't going to be fixed for 8.1.  I think it's really a variant of
the TODO item
    o %Have ALTER TABLE RENAME rename SERIAL sequence names

To my mind the appropriate fix is to come up with some arrangement
that allows the stored form of NEXTVAL(seq) to specify the referenced
sequence directly (by OID) rather than as a text string.  There are some
speculations about this in the archives, but no really workable solution
yet.

(wanders off, wondering if a "regclass" literal value would help ...)

            regards, tom lane