Re: Reducing the chunk header sizes on all memory context types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Reducing the chunk header sizes on all memory context types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> I did see that PostGIS does use
> MemoryContextContains(), though I didn't look at their code to figure
> out if they're always passing it a pointer to an allocated chunk.

As far as I can tell from a cursory look, they should be able to use
the GetMemoryChunkContext workaround, because they are just doing this
with SHARED_GSERIALIZED objects, which seem to always be palloc'd.