Re: [HACKERS] Toward A Positive Marketing Approach. - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Toward A Positive Marketing Approach.
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Other projects need even more intensive coding help.  OpenOffice, for example,
> doesn't offer the Postgres driver by default because it's still too buggy.

That seems like something that it'd be worth our while to help fix.
Does anyone have a handle on what the problems are?  Is it something
that could reasonably be fixed by a Postgres person, or is the real
problem that it'd take a whole lot of both OO-fu and Postgres-fu?
If so, can we find someone with the former nature to collaborate with?

            regards, tom lane