Re: Rewriting PL/Python's typeio code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Rewriting PL/Python's typeio code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Anthony Bykov <a.bykov@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> I have checked your patch. Everything looks fine for me, but I have some doubts:

Thanks for reviewing!

> 1. In file plpy_exec.c there is a typo on line 347:
> "... We use the result and resultin[should be here "g"?] variables...

No, "resultin" is the name of the variable.  Maybe that wasn't a good
choice of name, though --- do you have a better idea?

> 2. In file plpy_cursorobject.c there is a non-volatile variable "elem" used in try-except construction. Is that OK?

Hm, my compiler didn't complain about that.  Did yours?  The variable
is not changed inside the PG_TRY, so according to my ideas of how
this works, it should be OK.  Also, it was like that before, and no
one has reported a problem.