Re: regclass and search_path - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: regclass and search_path
Date
List pgsql-general
Joe Abbate <jma@freedomcircle.com> writes:
> I'm using this to validate a tool I'm building and I get an error on the
> following query:

> autodoc=> SELECT conname::regclass FROM pg_constraint
> autodoc->       WHERE contype = 'u';
> ERROR:  relation "product_product_code_key" does not exist

Ummm ... pg_constraint.conname contains a constraint name, not a table
name, so casting it to regclass is highly likely to fail.  This hasn't
got anything to do with search_path AFAICS, it's just a thinko.

Depending on what it is that you're hoping to do, any of conrelid,
confrelid, or conindid might be what you're after.  All of those columns
would contain pg_class OIDs that could usefully be cast to regclass.

            regards, tom lane