Re: TODO: Add pg_get_acldef(), pg_get_typedefault(), pg_get_attrdef(), - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: TODO: Add pg_get_acldef(), pg_get_typedefault(), pg_get_attrdef(),
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> If all you want is column, datatype, why not just use info_schema, or
>> newsysviews? Or even the base catalogs?

> Where do I look in the info_schema? How do I know exactly what I need?
> What is newsysviews?

Exactly the same arguments can be made against any new functions we
invent.  OTOH, I do not think these arguments apply to selecting from
information_schema; that is SQL standard, and if someone doesn't know
what to do with it I don't think it's our fault.