Re: pg_dump UDT/function dependency patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump UDT/function dependency patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Patch to put rudimentary dependency support into pg_dump. This addresses
> the UDT/function order problem. Unfortunately, this is not a small patch so
> I would prefer some debate about whether it should be applied 7.1.

Looks good to me.  A large part of the bulk appears to be changes to
not treat OIDs as integers, which is a necessary bug fix anyway.

One small stylistic quibble:

+#define oidcmp(x,y) ( (x < y ? -1 : (x > y) ?  1 : 0))
+#define oideq(x,y) (x == y)

These need more parentheses to be safe:

+#define oidcmp(x,y) ( ((x) < (y) ? -1 : ((x) > (y)) ?  1 : 0))
+#define oideq(x,y) ((x) == (y))

            regards, tom lane