Re: XML Index again - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris
Subject Re: XML Index again
Date
List pgsql-general
Alban

thanks for your replay. Yes I am looking for node exists ...

I'll give it a roll.

>There are a couple of cases where Postgres won't use your index, but in this case it's quite clearly because you're
askingfor (quite) a different expression than the one you indexed.

>You seem to want to test for the existence of nodes with a specific name, maybe this is what you're looking for?:
>
>SELECT id FROM time_series t1 WHERE EXISTS (
>    SELECT 1
>      FROM time_series t2
>     WHERE (xpath('/AttributeList/Attributes/Attribute/Name/text()', external_attributes))[1]::text =
('Attribute122021',external_attributes)
>       AND t2.id = t1.id
>);
>
>It's just a guess at what you're trying to do, so I may very well have gotten it wrong. The important part is that you
needto use the expression you indexed in your where clause, or the database has no idea you mean something similar as
towhat you indexed.