Re: PQprintf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PQprintf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Adam Siegel <adam@sycamorehq.com> writes:
> I have developed a function to help me with escaping strings more easily.
> It kind of behaves like printf and is very crude.  Before I do anymore
> work, I was hoping to get some comments or notice if someone has already
> done this.

Seems like the start of a good idea, though I agree it's crude yet.
One thing you definitely need is more control over %f (precision
arguments).

One suggestion: use libpq's "pqexpbuffer.h" routines to manipulate the
expansible string buffer, instead of reinventing that wheel yet again.