Re: Windows build missing tcl "UNKNOWN" support - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Windows build missing tcl "UNKNOWN" support
Date
List pgsql-general
"Carlo Stonebanks" <stonec.register@sympatico.ca> writes:
> The Windows builds (in our case, 8.3) still seem to be missing
> magic tables: pltcl_modules and pltcl_modfuncs.
> scripts: pltcl_loadmod, pltcl_listmod and pltcl_delmod

It does appear that no one's gotten around to making the MSVC build
scripts install those tcl scripts.  But you could take them from any
other installation, or the CVS sources.  All that's needed is to fix
the tclsh path at the start of each one.

The "magic tables" are to be created by hand, there is no automatic
installation of them.

> Another concern is "PL/Tcl call handler must be compiled
> with -DPLTCL_UNKNOWN_SUPPORT set." to use the features I want.

Dunno where you got that idea from, but it's not so.

            regards, tom lane