Re: Testing of parallel restore with current snapshot - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Testing of parallel restore with current snapshot
Date
Re: Testing of parallel restore with current snapshot  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: Testing of parallel restore with current snapshot  (Gokulakannan Somasundaram <gokul007@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Tom,
>> Is anyone interested enough to try it if I code it?

> If you're patient for results, sure.  I seem to be doing a customer
> migration or upgrade every week now, so it wouldn't take me long to have
> a test subject with a fairly complex database.

Here's a draft patch that does ordering using two lists, as I proposed.
Please test to see if it's any faster or slower than the original logic.

Note: since this changes struct TocEntry, be sure to recompile all files
in src/bin/pg_dump/ after patching.

            regards, tom lane

Attachment