Re: Patch: update Bonjour support to the newer non-deprecated API - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patch: update Bonjour support to the newer non-deprecated API
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Should we inject some sort of compile-time rejection of the
> compatibility API?  Like, say

> #ifdef AVAHI_SERVICE_COOKIE
> #error The Avahi implementation is incompatible
> #endif

> inside some #ifdef BONJOUR block?

I looked into this and couldn't find any obvious candidate symbol to
test for.  I'm not that excited about throwing roadblocks in the way
of somebody who wants to try it, anyway --- my feeling is more like
"if it breaks you get to keep both pieces".