Re: [GENERAL] Performance issue with Pointcloud extension - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Performance issue with Pointcloud extension
Date
List pgsql-general
> On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 9:13 AM, Eric Lemoine <eric.lemoine@oslandia.com>
> wrote:
>> I now think that the performance bug is not related to the fn_extra
>> thing. I had hope but not anymore :) I don't see where the Pointcloud
>> and PostGIS extensions could conflict.

> Can you run 'perf top' on the slow query?  That might pretty quickly tell
> you which function is taking up your time.

Another idea, if you haven't tried it already, is to run these test cases
in a server built with --enable-debug and --enable-cassert.  The memory
clobber stuff that's enabled by the latter is very good at turning coding
errors into reproducible, debuggable crashes ;-)

            regards, tom lane