Re: Raising the SCRAM iteration count - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Raising the SCRAM iteration count
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 9 Mar 2023, at 08:09, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Mar 08, 2023 at 05:21:20PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 08, 2023 at 09:07:36AM +0100, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>>> AFAIK a TAP test with psql_interactive is the only way to do this so that's
>>> what I've implemented.
>
> I cannot think of a better idea than what you have here, so I am
> marking this patch as ready for committer.

Thanks for review!

> I am wondering how stable a logic based on a timer of 5s would be..

Actually that was a bug, it should be using the default timeout and restarting
for each operation to ensure that even overloaded hosts wont time out unless
something is actually broken/incorrect.  I've fixed that in the attached rev
and also renamed the password in the regress test from "raisediterationcount"
as it's now lowering the count in the test.

Unless there objections to this version I plan to commit that during this CF.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Attachment