Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add function to import operating system collations - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add function to import operating system collations
Date
List pgsql-committers
I wrote:
> The previous coding applied a sort so as not to depend on what
> order "locale -a" had returned things in, and I think we need
> to retain that.  At the very least, all the normalized names
> need to be saved up and entered in a second pass.

Actually, it seems like doing precisely that should be enough to fix
it.  The original names shouldn't have any dups, and if we generate
dup names by stripping, those will be for different encodings so it's
OK.  I've pushed a fix based on that.

            regards, tom lane