pg_dump is broken in CVS tip - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject pg_dump is broken in CVS tip
Date
List pgsql-hackers
pg_dumping a table having a primary key yields commands like

--
-- TOC Entry ID 2 (OID 139812)
--

CREATE TABLE "table1" ("column10" character varying(255) NOT NULL,"column1" character varying(255) NOT NULL,"column2"
smallintNOT NULL,"column6" numeric,"column7" "char",Constraint "table1_pkey" Primary Key ("column10", "column1",

[snip]

--
-- TOC Entry ID 5 (OID 139817)
--

Alter Table "table1" Add Constraint "table1_pkey" Primary Key ("column10", "column1", "column2");

which on execution quite properly complains about duplicate primary
keys.

I assume this is traceable to this patch:

* src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.c: Enable ALTER TABLE ADD PRIMARY KEY forpg_dump, for performance reasons so index is not on
tableduringCOPY.> > AFAICT, the patch I posted to -patches a little while to enablethe> > usage of ALTER TABLE ADD
PRIMARYKEY by pg_dump hasn't beenapplied, nor> > is it in the unapplied patches list. I was under the impressionthat> >
thiswas in the queue for application -- did it just get lost?Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>

It would seem that more thought is needed here.