Re: [pgsql-www] buildfarm git references pointing at github? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] buildfarm git references pointing at github?
Date
Re: [pgsql-www] buildfarm git references pointing at github?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-www

On 03/13/2017 11:06 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> If you go to, say,
>
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=koreaceratops&dt=2017-03-13%2020%3A49%3A29
>
> and check the git links near the bottom of the page, you'll notice they
> all point at github, not at git.postgresql.org.  I do not like that,
> first because I do not consider github to be an authoritative source
> for this purpose, and second because the links are all 404 anyway.
>
> Some other nearby pages have only some of the links pointing at github,
> but why are any of them doing that?

This actually goes back to the time when we were switching from CVS to git.

We can clean that up now, I think :-)

As for use of github, its use is hardcoded in the case of multi-commit
changesets because I don't know a way to make the standard gitweb
display those, although it might exist. And TBH github's display of
indiviual commits is lots nicer, too. Compare
<https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/a82178020de2c4b3576d0a079e11a431e382e4de>
with
<https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=a82178020de2c4b3576d0a079e11a431e382e4de>

The github repo is a mirror of the repo at git.postgresql.org. I don't