Re: [pgsql-www] buildfarm git references pointing at github? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] buildfarm git references pointing at github?
Date
List pgsql-www
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> As for use of github, its use is hardcoded in the case of multi-commit
> changesets because I don't know a way to make the standard gitweb
> display those, although it might exist. And TBH github's display of
> indiviual commits is lots nicer, too. Compare
> <https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/a82178020de2c4b3576d0a079e11a431e382e4de>
> with
> <https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=a82178020de2c4b3576d0a079e11a431e382e4de>

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess, but to me the first one
is a prime example of crappy webdesign --- too busy, too convinced that
randomly colored backgrounds and legibility-killing font coloring choices
are great ideas.  I really would rather not be directed to github when
checking on our commits.
        regards, tom lane