Re: [pgsql-www] buildfarm git references pointing at github? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] buildfarm git references pointing at github?
Date
Re: [pgsql-www] buildfarm git references pointing at github?  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-www

On 03/14/2017 10:15 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> As for use of github, its use is hardcoded in the case of multi-commit
>> changesets because I don't know a way to make the standard gitweb
>> display those, although it might exist. And TBH github's display of
>> indiviual commits is lots nicer, too. Compare
>> <https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/a82178020de2c4b3576d0a079e11a431e382e4de>
>> with
>> <https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=a82178020de2c4b3576d0a079e11a431e382e4de>
> Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess, but to me the first one
> is a prime example of crappy webdesign --- too busy, too convinced that
> randomly colored backgrounds and legibility-killing font coloring choices
> are great ideas.

So I guess you're also not keen on gitweb's commitdiff display suggested
nearby by Justin Clift?

Is there anyone else who wants to stick with the commit display instead
of switching to commitdiff?

>  I really would rather not be directed to github when
> checking on our commits.

I have already changed that except for the case where gitweb provides no
equivalent functionality (the "Change set" links).

cheers

andrew