Re: Skipping VACUUM of indexes when no work required - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Skipping VACUUM of indexes when no work required
Date
List pgsql-patches
> I believe this is safe.

I won't insult your intelligence by pointing out how I know that you
didn't even test the patch against hash or gist.

The major problem with the patch is that it's incapable of producing
correct tuple-count stats for partial indexes, which is really not
acceptable from a planning standpoint.  What I'm currently fooling with
is skipping the bulkdelete scan only if the index isn't partial...

            regards, tom lane