Re: Skipping VACUUM of indexes when no work required - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Skipping VACUUM of indexes when no work required
Re: Skipping VACUUM of indexes when no work required
List pgsql-patches
> > Patch applied.  Thanks.
>
> Please revert.  You cannot skip scanning indexes simply because there
> was no heap activity.  btree for instance does post-cleanup on the
> next vacuum.

The patch skips only the first scan, not the second phase which does the
post-cleanup. We discussed this before and I listened...

I believe this is safe.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs