Re: cleaning perl code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: cleaning perl code
Date
Re: cleaning perl code  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> In summary, among those warnings, I see non-negative value in "Code before
> warnings are enabled" only.  While we're changing this, I propose removing
> Subroutines::RequireFinalReturn.

If it's possible to turn off just that warning, then +several.
It's routinely caused buildfarm failures, yet I can detect exactly
no value in it.  If there were sufficient cross-procedural analysis
backing it to detect whether any caller examines the subroutine's
result value, then it'd be worth having.  But there isn't, so those
extra returns are just pedantic verbosity.