Re: relcache leak warnings vs. errors - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: relcache leak warnings vs. errors
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> How about a compile-time option to turn all the warnings in resowner.c
> into errors?  This could be enabled automatically by --enable-cassert,
> similar to other defines that that option enables.

[ itch... ]  Those calls occur post-commit; throwing an error there
is really a mess, which is why it's only WARNING now.

I guess you could make them PANICs, but it would be an option that nobody
could possibly want to have enabled in anything resembling production.
So I"m kind of -0.5 on making --enable-cassert do it automatically.
Although I suppose that it's not really worse than other assertion
failures.