Re: PostgreSQL 9.0.4 blocking in lseek? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.0.4 blocking in lseek?
Date
List pgsql-performance
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F6ren_Meyer-Eppler?= <soerenme@google.com> writes:
>> embedded in often-executed plpgsql functions, for instance.  Can you
>> identify which table the lseeks are issued against?

> I wouldn't know how? I'm just using htop and "s" on the postgres process
> to find these...

Note the file number appearing in the lseeks, run "lsof -p PID" against
the backend process to discover the actual filename of that file, then
look for a match to the filename in pg_class.relfilenode.

> I have attached two of the offending execution plans. Anything obviously
> wrong with them?

What makes you say these are "offending execution plans"?  Both of them
seem to be completing just fine.

            regards, tom lane