Re: [HACKERS] Cutting initdb's runtime (Perl question embedded) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Cutting initdb's runtime (Perl question embedded)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Cool.  I wonder if we also should remove AtEOXact_CatCache()'s
> cross-checks - the resowner replacement has been in place for a while,
> and seems robust enough.  They're now the biggest user of time.

Hm, biggest user of time in what workload?  I've not noticed that
function particularly.

I agree that it doesn't seem like we need to spend a lot of time
cross-checking there, though.  Maybe keep the code but #ifdef it
under some nondefault debugging symbol.