Re: Problem escaping, nonstandard use of \\ in a string literal - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem escaping, nonstandard use of \\ in a string literal
Date
List pgsql-general
Warren Bell <warren@clarksnutrition.com> writes:
> I am having a problem with escaping characters after upgrading to 8.3. I
> have changed the postgresql.conf file to contain:
> standard_conforming_strings = on
> I am not escaping this character in my code. I am assuming that the
> driver is escaping it. I am using the postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc3.jar as
> the driver.

Does 8.3-603 claim to support standard_conforming_strings = on?
(That's an honest question --- I don't know.)

I think you should probably be asking about this on pgsql-jdbc.
You're more likely to get a knowledgeable answer there.

            regards, tom lane