Re: plperl and inline functions -- first draft - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: plperl and inline functions -- first draft
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alexey Klyukin <alexk@commandprompt.com> writes:
> On Nov 20, 2009, at 3:50 PM, Tim Bunce wrote:
>> When does the reference held by desc.reference get freed?
>> At the moment it looks like this would leak memory for each DO.

> Isn't it also the case with the existing plperl code ? I've noticed that free(prodesc) is called when it's no longer
used(i.e. in plperl_compile_callback:1636), but refcount of desc->reference is never decremented.

I've been experimenting with this and confirmed that there is a leak;
not only in the DO patch but in the pre-existing code, if a plperl
function is redefined repeatedly.

Is this the correct way to release the SV* reference?
    if (reference)        SvREFCNT_dec(reference);