Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: /contrib/cube improvements: Update - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: /contrib/cube improvements: Update
Date
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: /contrib/cube improvements: Update  (Joshua Reich <josh@root.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua Reich <josh@root.net> writes:
>> The problem is that there are new functions in cube.sql, so the output
>> is now different and breaks the diff (to state the obvious).

Actually, the new theory on this is that you should explicitly create
a shell type first:
CREATE TYPE cube;

and then create the functions, and then make the type "for real".

This will still involve a change in the earthdistance expected
output (down to zero expected NOTICEs) but if we're gonna fix it
then let's fix it right.