Re: Problem with 2 avcuums in parallel - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with 2 avcuums in parallel
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Denis Perchine <dyp@perchine.com> writes:
> When I run 2 vacuum's in parallel they hangs. Both.
> I use PostgreSQL from 7.0.x CVS (almost 7.0.3).

Hm.  I don't see a hang, but I do see errors like

NOTICE:  Deadlock detected -- See the lock(l) manual page for a possible cause.
ERROR:  WaitOnLock: error on wakeup - Aborting this transaction

What's curious is that neither 7.0.2 nor current seem to exhibit this
behavior (at least, it's much easier to reproduce in REL7_0_PATCHES than
in 7.0.2 or current).  Odd... in theory we shouldn't have introduced any
new bugs in REL7_0_PATCHES that wouldn't also be in current...