Re: Migration from 7.2.3 to 7.3.2 ( missing datetime data type ) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Migration from 7.2.3 to 7.3.2 ( missing datetime data type )
Date
List pgsql-general
Aleksey Serba <aleksey@caj.spb.ru> writes:
> I'm trying to migrate project working with pgsql-7.2.3 to pgsql-7.3.2.
> I've found some troubles. The main is, i have type datetime almost in
> all tables from database. Thus, i've got error when trying create
> table with such date type. ( And restoring database dump failed ).
> The question is:
>     What the easy way to restore database?
>     How i can define alias for data type? It would be terrific!

CREATE DOMAIN datetime AS timestamp with time zone;

In the long run you should probably migrate to the SQL-standard datatype
name, but the DOMAIN trick will be useful in the meanwhile.

            regards, tom lane