Re: Record variable not behaving as expected (bug?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Record variable not behaving as expected (bug?)
Date
List pgsql-general
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 12:23:31AM -0800, Postgres User wrote:
>> However, I have found that my record variable is not assigned proper
>> field-level datatypes.  As a result, I'm unable to write basic math
>> calcs in pg/sql without a lot of typecasting.

> What version are you running. On my 8.1.9 test system it returns -1.00
> as expected.

Works for me too, in all branches back to 8.0.  However, I noticed that
the test function references "test.table2" not just "table2", which
makes me wonder if maybe this is picking up some other table2 than the
OP thinks.  A test.table2 with integer columns would explain the result.

            regards, tom lane